Sunday, August 9, 2009

Welcome to the Fellowship!


Just over two years ago my wife and I entered into the process of opening a file with a local adoption agency. This past July, our daughter was born and placed with us. With her arrival I began my journey into parenting and membership into a very privileged group of men: those that are fathers.

You may be wondering why I chose to name this blog Fellowship of Fathers. Well to be honest, some guy from KC got to Adventures in Fatherhood first (and hasn’t posted since 2006 much to my dismay). I also caught a bit of Lord of the Rings on tv this past week, so the words just sort of came together.

But beyond how fate helped choose the name, I’m hoping this blog will be an opportunity to connect with other parents (fathers and mothers) to share the experiences of caring for children and to have some great discussion on issues and topics affecting us.

No comments:

Post a Comment